May 12, 2012

To My Mother, My Grandmother, and All Those Mothers Out There

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." - Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there!

I'm sure everyone would agree with me that a mother's love for her child would possibly be the best kind of love out there. A mother loves us even when we are unlovable. She loves us even if we do not make her proud. She loves us even if we have nothing to offer her. She loves us even if we hurt her. She loves us for who we are. A mother loves us unconditionally.

To my mom, thank you for loving me even if I've put you through so much. Thank you for loving me despite the fact that I hurt you at times. Thank you for accepting me for who I am. I love you, Mommy.

To my late grandmother, thank you for loving me even if I'm not the granddaughter that you want me to be. Don't worry, I'll do my best to make you proud. I miss you. I'll always be thinking of you.

When all else fails and you have no one else to turn to, go to your mother. You'll always be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment