May 25, 2012

Forever Young

Do you remember wanting to run through the plains of Africa with Simba? Swing through the jungle with Tarzan? Go to the enchanted castle with Belle? Go to the ball with Cinderella? Ride a magic carpet with Alladin? Save China with Mulan? Shrink to toy size to play with Buzz and Woody? Turn into mer-people and go under the sea with Ariel? I do. I remember wanting to do all of that. And sometimes, I still wish I could.

In a few weeks I will be entering my junior year in high school and to be honest, it absolutely scares me. Here in the Philippines, your third year in high school is the most important and the most diffuclt year. It's the year that most colleges nationwide will look at. Your grades in this year will make or break your college career. It will determine whether or not you will get into your desired college with your desired course. Basically, this year, you have to be at your best.

To be honest, I don't think I'm ready to grow up. People say that I act older than my age. That I'm very responsible for someone my age. But I don't think I'm ready to accept the fact that this is my reality. That sooner or later, I'm going to have to grow up and live my life on my own.

I wanna be forever young.

No comments:

Post a Comment