Simbang Gabi: a tradition in the Philippines during the Chrsistmas season of having a nine-day series of masses before Christmas. It is usually celbrated from December 16 to December 24 at dawn. There are also anticipated Simbang Gabi masses at night from December 15 to December 23.
I'm not a religious person. I pray, but I guess somehow, I learned a few things from going to mass.
1. Whether you like it or not, God has a dream for you.
2. God works magic in His own time, in mysterious ways.
3. There are patterns that happen in each family, in every generation, it's up to us if we want to break it or not.
4. Everything, life, our family, our friends, love, even the bad things that happen to us, is a gift.
5. We should be thankful for every little thing that happens to us.
6. There are times in life, when we just have to listen.
7. We can't survive life without a sense of humor.
8. Christmas isn't about the presents. It's about putting a smile on people's faces, making them happy for even just a few moments.
9. The secret to everything is in you.